Over the years I’ve sourced a database collection for my contacts, clients, friends and family of these professionals, schools, organizations and companies. I hope you find them useful.
ACTION, FITNESS & REHABILITATION: PROGRAMS, PROFESSIONALS, RETREATS, TOOLS, ORGANIZATIONS…
ADDICTION RECOVERY, EMOTIONAL HEALTH TOOLS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Reiki Training Program and Reiki Fellowship. Free Reiki training and treatments. The program teaches veterans with PTSD how to utilize Reiki energy work to assist in coping with post traumatic stress disorder. Founded by Eileen Dey Wurst, MA, LMHC, the Reiki Training Program, partnered with Washington’s Department of Veteran’s Affairs, is the only state-licensed vocational school of Reiki.
• DrugAbuse.com, Trusted Resources for Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment
• AAC, Alcohol Awareness Council
• Addiction-Treatment.com, Free yourself or a loved one from addiction
• Alcoholics Anonymous
• The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems.
Download Meditation Tools to Assist You in Getting Through Challenges
• David C. Bissette, Psy. D
Healthy Mind, When Living Hurts, there is Help, Mindful Living Education Tools
• Ananda Ashram
• Integral Yoga Institute
• Pure Yoga
• Hwalan Yoga
• Kristina Lanuza
• Jeff Rochford, Private Trainer & Head Coach of The Fred’s Team training program, United States Track and Field-certified coach and Fred’s Team member.
• Joan Pagano Fitness
• Joshua Margolis
Mind Over Matter
• Judith Scott
• Sharon Frazier
Unimotion Fitness, Creative Exercise with Excellent Results
• Robert Castillo
• Violet Zaki
• Billy Macagnone
TAI CHI, NEW YORK
• Max at William C. C. Chen Tai Chi Chuan, Grandmaster William C. C. Chen has devoted his life to the study of body mechanics and the effects of Tai Chi Chuan for art of self-defense as well as on physical health, and to the application of the principles of Tai Chi Chuan. His approach is to make Tai Chi Chuan simple, easier, natural, enjoyable and productive. Max is the son of WWilliam C. C. Chen and the winner in the 9th World Wushu Championships Sanshou-Men’s 70kg Category 11/19/2007.
• Roberto Sharpe, Martial Arts Trainer
• Karen McDonald, True Balance LLC, Achieving Your Potential in Life Through Movement
• CK Chu Tai Chi, Grandmaster C.K. Chu (1937-2013) was one of the great tai chi masters of the twentieth century. When tai chi was new in the United States, his students defeated other martial art stylists to win championships. His books were among the first books published about tai chi in English. And his Book of Nei Kung was the first book published on the topic ever. Over 40 years of teaching Taoist arts in Times Square, Master Chu touched thousands of lives for the better.
• Taichizen is a modern holistic mind-body integrative system promoting “Enlightenment Living” （明心禅）. It was founded by Ping Zhen Cheng in New York, a rare lineage carrier of Zen,Tibetan Buddhism and Taoist systems of treasures.
• H. Won Tai Chi Institute, The Gin Soon Tai Chi Club was founded in 1969 with permission from Grandmaster Yeung Sau Chung to propagate the Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan in North America. It is the oldest school teaching Tai Chi Chuan in the Greater Boston Area today. All instructions at the headquarters, private and group, are taught by Master Gin Soon Chu and his son Vincent Chu.
• Nabi Su Tai Chi, Kung Fu & Wellness, Our focus at Nabi Su is self development.
“Nabi” means butterfly. Butterflies symbolize transformative power.
Nabi Su is a sanctuary dedicated to the individual, to personal growth and self exploration through movement, communication and meditation.
• Tao Sharon, Sharon Smith teaches the full range of Taoist health and spiritual practices in weekly classes, monthly seminars, & occasional retreats.
• Coach Tim Cavanaugh
Queens Falcon, Committed to Youth since 1957, Play like a Champion
• Stuart Yeh, PT
PAIN AND INJURY MANAGEMENT
• Dr. Alan M. Leff, Pain Management New York
ALTERNATIVE, CONSCIOUS LIVING, HOLISTIC & ORGANIC OPTIONS: PROFESSIONALS, TOOLS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Mitchell Wolf, L.Ac.
• Adam Lamb, D.C.
• 34th St. Chiropractic and Wellness
• Greg Werner, D.C.
• Louis Angulo, D.C.
• Jim Fitzpatrick, D.C.
• Loretta Friedman, D.C.
COMPASSIONATE CULTURAL AWARENESS
• The Center for Building a Culture of Empathy, the home of the global empathy movement. Our mission is to build a movement for creating a global worldwide culture of empathy and compassion.
• Words of Peace Global
• The Prem Rawat Foundation
Addressing fundamental human needs so that people everywhere can live their lives with dignity, peace and prosperity.
• Sharonah Rapseik, L.Esthetician, CHHC
THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
• Hope Martin, The Alexander Technique
THE FELDENKRAIS TECHNIQUE
• Kira Charles, The Feldenkrais Technique
An integral part of my Informative Bodywork
• Claudia Bayr, Dreams Into Actions, If you can dream it, you can do it.
Certified Empowerment Coach
• Lisa Speer
From the Bedroom to the Boardroom
• Richard Anton Diaz, Founder
Sexy Spirits, A practical and systematic method of integrating health, sex, and longevity through the Taoists principles
• Barbara E. Friesner
Agewise Living, Helping Families Resolve their Eldercare Issues By Choice, Not Crisis
• Barbara Biziou, author of The Joy of Ritual and The Joys of Family Rituals,
Executive Life & Wellness Coach, Fostering well-being at work and in life
• Julia Cameron, author of The Artists Way
• Landmark Education, Innovative Programs for Living an Extraordinary Life
• Dr. John Sarno
The Mindbody Prescription
NLP, HYPNOTHERAPY, COGNITIVE THERAPY
• Dr. Lloyd Glauberman
Hypno-Peripheral Processing, downloadable audio programs.
• Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
• The NLP Center of New York™
• The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
Honors and encourages educational excellence, social justice and scientific achievements that better the human condition.
NUTRITION AND NUTRITION THERAPY
• Michael Greger M.D.’s Nutrition Facts, Physician, author, and speaker who scours the world’s nutrition research to bring you free daily videos and articles. All proceeds from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity. (The best resource of nutrition videos and debunking of MLM products I’ve found so far)
• Randi Cestaro
• Nicole Glassman
• Rande Bryzelak, ACSM, RD
ORGANIC FOOD & SUPPLEMENTS
• Urban Organics, Home Delivery of Organic Produce and Groceries
• Electroblast, Light refreshing citrus drops of electrolytes, no sugar, add to water
AROMATHERAPY, MASSAGE & BODYWORK RESOURCES, ACUPUNCTURE, MOVEMENT EDUCATION, STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION… SCHOOLS & ORGS
MASSAGE THERAPY & MEDICAL MASSAGE
• The New York State Society of Medical Massage Therapists
• The American Massage Therapy Association
• Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
• National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
• Massage Therapy Foundation
• International Massage Association
• Educating Hands School of Massage
• The Swedish Institute
• American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia
• Acupuncture Society of New York
• Pacific College
• The New York College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
VERIFY NEW YORK PRACTITIONERS’ LICENSE
To verify a practitioner’s license on-line, click here:
• American Society for The Alexander Technique
• The Feldenkrais Institute
• International Feldenkrais Federation
• The New York Region of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America
STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION (ROLFING)
• Rolf Institute of Structual Integration
ANIMAL SAFETY & RESCUE
• Animal Ashram, May all beings have peace.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, BRANDING and MARKETING RESOURCES
• WIBO, Workshops in Business Opportunities
• Carpe VM
CARPE VM, Seize Your Market. Say it With Video.
SILVERMARC, Your Website is Your Business Partner, Let’s put it to work!
• Ship Shape Organizers
Ship Shape Organizers, Francesca Manisco
• DDR Enterprises
DDR ENTERPRISES, Helping Small Businesses Succeed
• Lisa Zaslow’s Gotham Organizers
MUSIC & ART
• Ilana Martin, Coaching from the heart, not the head, NYC. The Vocal Workout method builds the kinesthetic knowledge of the body into the pop/rock singing voice.
• Jon Geist, The Guitar Studio, NYC. From your living room to the stage.
• Kyle Green, Guitar Lessons, NYC. Freelance musician and educator.
• Carl Sansaricq, NYC Guitar Club, NYC. Inspiring lessons, performance coaching and special event production.
• Michael W McHugh, Books Music Gigs, NYC.
• Mike Geffner, The Inspired Word, NYC. Founded by longtime journalist and former Village Voice columnist Mike Geffner, The Inspired Word began as a poetry series and has expanded to music, comedy, comedy slams, storytelling, LGBT and Best American Poetry nights, and walked on the wild side with erotica and burlesque events.
• Neil Herman, The Duplex Songwriters Night, NYC. In the tradition of the Nashville songwriter’s circle. Be the first to hear new tunes as artists sign-up to play 3 original songs, get feedback on your songs, network with other songwriters, and help create a supportive community for songwriters.
• Billy Seidman, Song Arts Academy, NYC. SAA grew from the BMI Contemporary Songwriter Workshop founded by Samantha Cox, Assistant VP/Writer-Publisher Relations at Broadcast Music, Inc.; Charlie Feldman, Vice President/Writer-Publisher Relations at BMI; and instructor Billy Seidman in 2000.
• Peter Bliss, New York Songwriters Collective, NYC, The Collective is all about raising the level of each member’s songwriting craft AND helping them navigate the business and music industry as it exists today.
• Cliff Goldmacher, Educated Songwriter. Teaching the business and craft of songwriting.
• Lisa Occhino, Songwriter Link, the new, more efficient way to collaborate.
The Touch Fitness Art Gallery has on display the following artists at The Massage Room:
• Peter Coley
• Bob Coane
• Sharon Frazier
CONSCIOUS BODY PRODUCTS
• Sunrose Aromatics
• Priti, Every Bottle is Hand Poured with Love
• Vienna’s Herbal Compounds
• EO Products
• Beekman’s COPA Soaps
• Silent Menace, The dangers of indoor chemical pollution
CONSCIOUS COSMETIC USE
• Michael Greger M.D.’s Nutrition Facts
Physician, author, and speaker who scours the world’s nutrition research to bring you free daily videos and articles. All proceeds from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity.The best source of nutrition videos and debunking of MLM products I’ve found so far:
• Organic Valley, At Organic Valley, our philosophy and decisions are based on the health and welfare of people, animals and the earth. We’re a mission-driven cooperative, owned by family farmers, and we’ve been leaders in organic agriculture from the very beginning
• Organic Consumers Association (OCA)
The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) is an online and grassroots non-profit 501(c)3 public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. http://www.organicconsumers.org/
• Organic Trade Association, OTA’s mission is to promote and protect ORGANIC with a unifying voice – See more at: http://www.ota.com/#sthash.yy6ThAiR.dpuf
Our mission is to educate people on the benefits of organic agriculture, food and products. With an increasingly crowded marketplace of organic goods, it is crucial to understand what the word ‘organic’ means, what type of products are available, the significance of purchasing them, and finally, how someone with little knowledge about organics can begin to take steps towards an organic lifestyle. Organic.org strives to make organic education easy—and fun!
• The Surfrider Foundation, Protecting Oceans, Waves and Beaches since 1984
• Catalogue Choice, Stop Junk Mail for Good
• Recyclebank, Inspires and rewards smarter, everyday choices for a more sustainable future.
CONSCIOUS DEBUNKING OF PSEUDO-SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTS
• “Real healthcare products have gone through blind studies to scientifically prove they have the expected benefits…”
• DIRTY 2 PURDY
Commercial and Residence Cleaning Service
• Upstairs Downstairs Moving
Bedbug Free Practices
FAMILY, FRIENDS & CLIENTS
• Spiff for Men, a full array of men’s grooming and spa services to meet the needs of the modern man.
• The Mankind Projct, What does it mean to be a modern, mature man?
• Menstuff® provides information about us and provides a different perspective on topics that impact men.
• The Redwood Men’s Center, “We at the Redwood Men’s Center recognize the need for men to come together in community to express and explore ideas which restore wholeness to ourselves and Soul to the world… by embracing the deeper needs of Soul through mythos and ritual. We provide a container in which to heal the wounds that result from our lost connection with Soul and support men in bringing this healing back to their communities.”
• Men’s groups for those who want to resolve problems, express feelings, form friendships, and understand and improve relationships.
• Essentially Men, Men Being Real
• Noelani Designs
• Guenevere Rodriguez New York
• The barber’s daughter
• Divine Diamonds
• Vibes Jewelry
• Nightwind Creations
• 24/7 Free Photography Education Online
Digital Photography Made Simple
• Gerald Lerner Photography
• George H. Lewis
• Stas Rzeznik
• Bed Bug Registry
• Natural Bed Bug Extermination Alternative that Works
SHERRIN’S MIAMI BEACH RECOMMENDATIONS
• Professional Chauffeur Transportation Services
Chris Davis, Owner/Operator
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPY
• Kevin Stockhausen, LMT
• Serenity Massage, Thai and Prenatal Massage with Serena, Lic. #: MA42402 on Lincoln Road, SoBe!
• Massage By Design
PRIVATE PERSONAL TRAINING STUDIO
ACUPUNCTURE, TAI CHI ON THE BEACH, TUI NA
• Chad Bailey, A.P., D.C.H. (Diplomate of Chinese Herbology), Sifu, Guro
• Santiago Sifre, A.P., D.O.M., The Sifre Center
SURF AND PADDLE LESSONS
• Girard Middleton
WINING AND DINING
• La Locanda Italian Restaurant
HAIR AND NAILS
• Sofi Spa
• Howard Chase Real Estate
• Peak Physique, Inc
• Sobe Luna
• The 9th Chakra, Gifts for the Soul
• Brownes & Co
HOTELS & SPAS
• The Delano Hotel & Agua Spa
• The Standard
• Victor Hotel
OAHU, HAWAII RECOMMENDATIONS
TAI CHI, OAHU, HI
• Travis Pacheco, LMT & Traditional Taijiquan
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’How did you hear about Touch Fitness?’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Have you tried any Attract Essentials or Root, Branch %26amp; Blossom products? If so, please leave feedback here.’ type=’text’/][/contact-form]