Over the years I’ve sourced a database collection for my friends and family of these professionals, schools, organizations and companies. I hope you find them useful.
FOUNDATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Alcohol Awareness Council (AAC)
• Addiction-Treatment.com – Free yourself or a loved one from addiction
• Alcoholics Anonymous
• DrugAbuse.com, Trusted Resources for Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment
• The Surfrider Foundation – Dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network.
• The Mindfulness Solution – Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems.
Download Meditation Tools to Assist You in Getting Through Challenges
• Tuck Sleep. Researching massage as a treatment for sleep disorders, including PTSD Read their full guide here: https:www.tuck.com/massage-and-sleep/.
• Wendy’s Angels Fund – Wendy Unger Schapira, Founder, raising money, awareness and assistance for women with Breast & Ovarian Cancer, specifically Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer. Make a donation in honor or in memory of someone here:
CONSCIOUS COMPASSIONATE CULTURAL AWARENESS
• The Center for Building a Culture of Empathy, the home of the global empathy movement. Our mission is to build a movement for creating a global worldwide culture of empathy and compassion.
• The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
Honors and encourages educational excellence, social justice and scientific achievements that better the human condition.
• Words of Peace Global
• The Prem Rawat Foundation
Addressing fundamental human needs so that people everywhere can live their lives with dignity, peace and prosperity.
• Reiki Training Program and Reiki Fellowship. Free Reiki training and treatments. The program teaches veterans with PTSD how to utilize Reiki energy work to assist in coping with post traumatic stress disorder. Founded by Eileen Dey Wurst, MA, LMHC, the Reiki Training Program, partnered with Washington’s Department of Veteran’s Affairs, is the only state-licensed vocational school of Reiki.
• Iyengar Miami Beach
• Ananda Ashram
• Integral Yoga Institute
• Pure Yoga
• Hwalan Yoga, NYC
• Kristina Lanuza
Contact Sherrin at email@example.com for an interview to be listed
• Jeff Rochford, Private Trainer & Head Coach of The Fred’s Team training program, United States Track and Field-certified coach and Fred’s Team member.
• Joan Pagano Fitness
• Joshua Margolis
Mind Over Matter
• Sharon Frazier
Unimotion Fitness, Creative Exercise with Excellent Results
• Robert Castillo
• Violet Zaki
Contact Sherrin at firstname.lastname@example.org for an interview to be listed
• Billy Macagnone
Body and Soul Adventures
La Moskitia Ecoaventuras expeditions are in the Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve located in the Moskitia or Mosquito Coast (named after the Moskitia Indians) of Honduras, Central America – a vast area of tropical lowland rainforest in eastern Honduras with no road network, and only accessible by river.
• Coach Tim Cavanaugh, NYC
Queens Falcon, Committed to Youth since 1957, Play like a Champion
• Stuart Yeh, PT, NYC
PAIN AND INJURY MANAGEMENT
• Dr. Alan M. Leff, Pain Management New York, NYC
ALTERNATIVE, CONSCIOUS LIVING, HOLISTIC & ORGANIC OPTIONS: PROFESSIONALS, TOOLS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Mitchell Wolf, L.Ac., NYC
Wendy Gallego, DC.- Dr. Wendy Gallego uses her knowledge of neurology and biomechanics, as well as a gentle, soothing touch to help her patients achieve the wellness and improved quality of life they are seeking. She created Shin, her multi-disciplinary wellness center with her understanding that physical and mental wellness are not and cannot be separate to could ensure her patients receive the necessary care to achieve the quality of life they deserve.
• Adam Lamb, D.C.
• 34th St. Chiropractic and Wellness
• Greg Werner, D.C.
• Louis Angulo, D.C.
• Jim Fitzpatrick, D.C.
• Loretta Friedman, D.C.
• Sharonah Rapseik, L.Esthetician, CHHC, NYC
THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE
• Hope Martin, The Alexander Technique, NYC
THE FELDENKRAIS TECHNIQUE
• Kira Charles, The Feldenkrais Technique, NYC
An integral part of my Informative Bodywork
• Claudia Bayr, Dreams Into Actions, If you can dream it, you can do it.
Certified Empowerment Coach, Boseman, Montana
• Lisa Speer
From the Bedroom to the Boardroom
• Richard Anton Diaz, Founder, NYC
Sexy Spirits, A practical and systematic method of integrating health, sex, and longevity through the Taoists principles
• Barbara E. Friesner
Agewise Living, Helping Families Resolve their Eldercare Issues By Choice, Not Crisis, NYC
• Barbara Biziou, author of The Joy of Ritual and The Joys of Family Rituals,
Executive Life & Wellness Coach, Fostering well-being at work and in life
• Julia Cameron, author of The Artists Way
• Landmark Education, Innovative Programs for Living an Extraordinary Life
MIND BODY MEDICINE
• Dr. John Sarno
The Mindbody Prescription
NLP, HYPNOTHERAPY, COGNITIVE THERAPY
• Dr. Lloyd Glauberman
Hypno-Peripheral Processing, downloadable audio programs.
• Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
• The NLP Center of New York™
NUTRITION AND NUTRITION THERAPY
• Michael Greger M.D.’s Nutrition Facts, Physician, author, and speaker who scours the world’s nutrition research to bring you free daily videos and articles. All proceeds from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity. (The best resource of nutrition videos and debunking of MLM products I’ve found so far)
• Randi Cestaro
• Nicole Glassman
• Rande Bryzelak, ACSM, RD
ORGANIC FOOD & SUPPLEMENTS
• Urban Organics, Home Delivery of Organic Produce and Groceries
• Electroblast, Light refreshing citrus drops of electrolytes, no sugar, add to water
AROMATHERAPY, MASSAGE & BODYWORK RESOURCES, ACUPUNCTURE, MOVEMENT EDUCATION, STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION… SCHOOLS & ORGS
• Robert Tisserand
Educator, Author, Consultant, Product Formulation
• National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy
MASSAGE THERAPY & MEDICAL MASSAGE
• The New York State Society of Medical Massage Therapists
• The American Massage Therapy Association
• Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
• National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
• Massage Therapy Foundation
• International Massage Association
• Educating Hands School of Massage
• The Swedish Institute
• American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia
• Acupuncture Society of New York
• Pacific College
• The New York College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
VERIFY NEW YORK PRACTITIONERS’ LICENSE
To verify a practitioner’s license on-line, click here:
• American Society for The Alexander Technique
• The Feldenkrais Institute
• International Feldenkrais Federation
• The New York Region of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America
STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION (ROLFING)
• Rolf Institute of Structual Integration
Chad Bailey, L.Ac., DCH, Sifu, Guro – Uses Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine to treat imbalances. He rounds out his private practice with tui na (chinese massage), herbology, diet therapy, qi gong, tai chi, martial arts, feng shui and taoist philosophy and teaches classes in Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong (Sifu), Progressive Arnis (Guro), Kuntao Silat Cadena de Mano (Guro), Kenpo Karate (3rd Black), Pressure Point Fighting, Women’s Self-Defense and Young Warrior Training.
• Max, the son of Grandmaster William C. C. Chen and winner in the 9th World Wushu Championships Sanshou-Men’s 70kg Category in 2007 teaches Tai Chi simply and clearly at William C. C. Chen Tai Chi Chuan, NYC.
• Roberto Sharpe, Martial Arts Trainer
Long time Lower East Side resident Martial Arts Expert Roberto Sharpe teaches Martial Arts and Tai Chi and is a bit of a mystery, but there are many videos of him on YouTube if you do a search for “Roberto Sharpe Tai Chi Vanderbilt YMCA”. He is teaching Tai Chi at 9am Saturday morningat the Vanderbilt YMCA and also teaches at the Mc Burney Y, the 14th St Y and the JCC Jewish Community Center on W72nd St. You can also find him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/roberto.sharpe.50. People had been trying to get me to take Tai Chi for years and I’m very happy I finally did. If you follow my lead, you will understand why, the learning is in the doing. It is very good for helping to “see” and correct bio-mechanical postural, placement and movement mistakes that stress joints, tendons and ligaments. For more information or to schedule with him directly, you can call him at (646)541-4870 or email him at email@example.com.
• Karen McDonald, True Balance LLC, Achieving Your Potential in Life Through Movement
• CK Chu Tai Chi, Grandmaster C.K. Chu (1937-2013) was one of the great tai chi masters of the twentieth century. When tai chi was new in the United States, his students defeated other martial art stylists to win championships. His books were among the first books published about tai chi in English. And his Book of Nei Kung was the first book published on the topic ever. Over 40 years of teaching Taoist arts in Times Square, Master Chu touched thousands of lives for the better.
• Taichizen is a modern holistic mind-body integrative system promoting “Enlightenment Living” （明心禅）. It was founded by Ping Zhen Cheng in New York, a rare lineage carrier of Zen,Tibetan Buddhism and Taoist systems of treasures.
• H. Won Tai Chi Institute, The Gin Soon Tai Chi Club was founded in 1969 with permission from Grandmaster Yeung Sau Chung to propagate the Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan in North America. It is the oldest school teaching Tai Chi Chuan in the Greater Boston Area today. All instructions at the headquarters, private and group, are taught by Master Gin Soon Chu and his son Vincent Chu.
• Nabi Su Tai Chi, Kung Fu & Wellness, Our focus at Nabi Su is self development.
“Nabi” means butterfly. Butterflies symbolize transformative power.
Nabi Su is a sanctuary dedicated to the individual, to personal growth and self exploration through movement, communication and meditation.
• Tao Sharon, Sharon Smith teaches the full range of Taoist health and spiritual practices in weekly classes, monthly seminars, & occasional retreats.
ANIMAL SAFETY & RESCUE
• Animal Ashram, May all beings have peace.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, BRANDING and MARKETING RESOURCES
• WIBO, Workshops in Business Opportunities
• Carpe VM – Seize Your Market. Say it With Video.
• Silvermarc – Your Website is Your Business Partner, Let’s put it to work!
• Ship Shape Organizers -Francesca Manisco
• DDR Enterprises
DDR ENTERPRISES, Helping Small Businesses Succeed
• Lisa Zaslow’s Gotham Organizers
MUSIC & ART
• Ilana Martin, Coaching from the heart, not the head, NYC. The Vocal Workout method builds the kinesthetic knowledge of the body into the pop/rock singing voice.
• Jon Geist, The Guitar Studio, NYC. From your living room to the stage.
• Kyle Green, Guitar Lessons, NYC. Freelance musician and educator.
• Carl Sansaricq, NYC Guitar Club, NYC. Inspiring lessons, performance coaching and special event production.
• Michael W McHugh, Books Music Gigs, NYC.
• Mike Geffner, The Inspired Word, NYC. Founded by longtime journalist and former Village Voice columnist Mike Geffner, The Inspired Word began as a poetry series and has expanded to music, comedy, comedy slams, storytelling, LGBT and Best American Poetry nights, and walked on the wild side with erotica and burlesque events.
• Neil Herman, The Duplex Songwriters Night, NYC. In the tradition of the Nashville songwriter’s circle. Be the first to hear new tunes as artists sign-up to play 3 original songs, get feedback on your songs, network with other songwriters, and help create a supportive community for songwriters.
• Billy Seidman, Song Arts Academy, NYC. SAA grew from the BMI Contemporary Songwriter Workshop founded by Samantha Cox, Assistant VP/Writer-Publisher Relations at Broadcast Music, Inc.; Charlie Feldman, Vice President/Writer-Publisher Relations at BMI; and instructor Billy Seidman in 2000.
• Peter Bliss, New York Songwriters Collective, NYC, The Collective is all about raising the level of each member’s songwriting craft AND helping them navigate the business and music industry as it exists today.
• Cliff Goldmacher, Educated Songwriter. Teaching the business and craft of songwriting.
• Lisa Occhino, Songwriter Link, the new, more efficient way to collaborate.
The Touch Fitness Art Gallery has on display the following artists at The Massage Room:
• Peter Coley
• Bob Coane
• Sharon Frazier
CONSCIOUS BODY PRODUCTS
• Sunrose Aromatics
• Priti, Every Bottle is Hand Poured with Love
• Vienna’s Herbal Compounds
• EO Products
• Beekman’s COPA Soaps
• Silent Menace, The dangers of indoor chemical pollution
CONSCIOUS COSMETIC USE
• Michael Greger M.D.’s Nutrition Facts
Physician, author, and speaker who scours the world’s nutrition research to bring you free daily videos and articles. All proceeds from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity.The best source of nutrition videos and debunking of MLM products I’ve found so far:
• Organic Valley, At Organic Valley, our philosophy and decisions are based on the health and welfare of people, animals and the earth. We’re a mission-driven cooperative, owned by family farmers, and we’ve been leaders in organic agriculture from the very beginning
• Organic Consumers Association (OCA)
The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) is an online and grassroots non-profit 501(c)3 public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. http://www.organicconsumers.org/
• Organic Trade Association, OTA’s mission is to promote and protect ORGANIC with a unifying voice – See more at: http://www.ota.com/#sthash.yy6ThAiR.dpuf
Our mission is to educate people on the benefits of organic agriculture, food and products. With an increasingly crowded marketplace of organic goods, it is crucial to understand what the word ‘organic’ means, what type of products are available, the significance of purchasing them, and finally, how someone with little knowledge about organics can begin to take steps towards an organic lifestyle. Organic.org strives to make organic education easy—and fun!
• The Surfrider Foundation, Protecting Oceans, Waves and Beaches since 1984
• Catalogue Choice, Stop Junk Mail for Good
• Recyclebank, Inspires and rewards smarter, everyday choices for a more sustainable future.
CONSCIOUS DEBUNKING OF PSEUDO-SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTS
• “Real healthcare products have gone through blind studies to scientifically prove they have the expected benefits…”
• DIRTY 2 PURDY
Commercial and Residence Cleaning Service
• Upstairs Downstairs Moving
Bedbug Free Practices
FAMILY, FRIENDS & CLIENTS
• Spiff for Men, a full array of men’s grooming and spa services to meet the needs of the modern man.
• The Mankind Projct, What does it mean to be a modern, mature man?
• Menstuff® provides information about us and provides a different perspective on topics that impact men.
• The Redwood Men’s Center, “We at the Redwood Men’s Center recognize the need for men to come together in community to express and explore ideas which restore wholeness to ourselves and Soul to the world… by embracing the deeper needs of Soul through mythos and ritual. We provide a container in which to heal the wounds that result from our lost connection with Soul and support men in bringing this healing back to their communities.”
• Men’s groups for those who want to resolve problems, express feelings, form friendships, and understand and improve relationships.
• Essentially Men, Men Being Real
• Noelani Designs, Oahu
• Guenevere Rodriguez, New York
• The barber’s daughter
• Divine Diamonds
• Vibes Jewelry
• Nightwind Creations
• 24/7 Free Photography Education Online
Digital Photography Made Simple
• Gerald Lerner Photography
• George H. Lewis
• Stas Rzeznik
• Exhale mindbody spa
• Oasis Day Spa
• Miraval Resorts
• Bed Bug Registry
• Natural Bed Bug Extermination Alternative that Works
MIAMI BEACH RECOMMENDATIONS
• Professional Chauffeur Transportation Services
Chris Davis, Owner/Operator
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPY
• Kevin Stockhausen, LMT
• Serenity Massage, Thai and Prenatal Massage with Serena, Lic. #: MA42402 on Lincoln Road, SoBe!
• Massage By Design
PRIVATE PERSONAL TRAINING STUDIO
ACUPUNCTURE, TAI CHI ON THE BEACH, TUI NA
• Chad Bailey, A.P., D.C.H. (Diplomate of Chinese Herbology), Sifu, Guro
• Santiago Sifre, A.P., D.O.M., The Sifre Center
SURF AND PADDLE LESSONS
• Girard Middleton
WINING AND DINING
• La Locanda Italian Restaurant
HAIR AND NAILS
• Sofi Spa
• Howard Chase Real Estate
• Peak Physique, Inc
• Sobe Luna
• The 9th Chakra, Gifts for the Soul
• Brownes & Co
HOTELS & SPAS
• The Delano Hotel & Agua Spa
• The Standard
• Victor Hotel
OAHU, HAWAII RECOMMENDATIONS
TAI CHI, OAHU, HI
• Travis Pacheco, LMT & Traditional Taijiquan